Sunday, April 15, 2007

Books and Culture


I experienced a book festival first hand. It was another long standing item on my To Do list and when I learned of the Arizona Book Festival, I marked my calendar and I eagerly awaited the day. I enjoyed the books, bought some, and was amazed at the many publishing houses present. I saw an Hispanic book seller I met at Dia de los Muertos at the Botanical Garden. Met another Hispanic author, Kathy Cano Murillo, whose book, above, I had purchased earlier. I find the Hispanic culture to be so rich and full, and I gravitate to anything remotely connected with that.
In Mozambique, children of Colonial parents had a pretty unique take on life. We weren't fully from there, nor were we Portuguese. The experience of learning of our parents' culture, often from stories, made me aware of how, what I call Culture, is like a mist permeating one's existence.

No comments: