Sunday, July 01, 2007

Peach Sorbet

Chunks of fresh peach in blender. Add equal parts sugar and water. I eye this, but don't over do it. The sugary substance acts as a lubricant and will make the frozen mixture smoother.

Place the pureed fruit in a container. I used a small bowl because I had only used 4 peaches.


Place the container in the freezer. The goal is to keep an eye on the thing and mix it up as it starts to freeze.


Mine end up frozen solid because I don't go back to mix it up a few more times. If I want to serve the sorbet at this point, I just place my bowl in a larger container with hot water. The sides start to soften, and everything gets mashed with a fork, and ready to eat.


One batch of peach ready to serve, and one batch of strawberry ready to freeze. I'm developing a taste for fresh, water filled foods, as opposed to stuff that contains too much fat. Here's for homemade fresh fruit sorbet.

No comments: