Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Math and Science


Education is a fascinating endeavour to be involved in. Learning for me is like water. I succumb to less than optimal mental/emotional states if I am not permitted to let my mind entertain questions and pursue trains of thought as they come alive in my head. Education becomes the perfect realm to let loose. I become better prepared to guide my daughters in their journey to brilliance... Yes, I expect brilliance.... Just today I learned that females are considered a minority when taking photography class in high school.
Yesterday I heard a strong proponent for math and science improvement in public education and how the students of today are the work force of tomorrow. Today, I smiled as the art teacher didn't see the value of math and science. As a parent, for now, I will focus on exposing the young ones to many different subjects, while I also am vigilant of specific talents that can be nurtured.
A learning mind is a happy mind. :-)

No comments: