Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shop locally, eat organically

One of my very favorite blogs to read is very inspirational in many ways. Riana writes about harvesting the land around her home in the south of France. When I read her stories I go back to Mozambique and remember the neighbour who grew much of what his family ate, including rabbits.

For years I have read about eating organic and buying locally. I read a Salon interview with Alice Waters, who believes in this concept as a way of life.
So, today, I ceased the opportunity to do that myself and stopped by the Phoenix Downtown Market. I came home with this:
The pears were the sweetest I've ever had.

I made this: Cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, with a bit of cold Salmon.


The cucumber stand

Plants
This is from Maya's Farm


Next Saturday I will be making cards with her.

No comments: