Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

I read all about who was having a sale .. blah, blah, blah. I watched that cute Target commercial about the 2 day sale. The little ones needed new sheets, so, because I happened to be awake at 5:30 am, JJ and I got ready and joined, what turned out to be, a massive movement towards the mall and its adjoining stores. Who knew Black Friday was so popular. At Target, things were so congested, that I ran over some woman's foot. I did say "excuse me", but she chose to move only about 2 inches. Not enough clearance for my cart. We walked out with 2 sets of flannel sheets ands a few things not on the list: we needed a basketball and a coffee maker too. And if you're going to buy them, best do it while there's a sale going on and you are right in the store as it is happening.

Having accomplished all this by 7 am , I was left with a non scheduled day. But wait, it is officially the Holiday Season and my tree is no where in sight. Quick, JJ, you must help me get all that Christmas stuff down from the attic.

Ah, I verified that my choice of location for the 2007 tree was acceptable to my co-decision maker, and I proceeded to bring it to life. Tomorrow I will finish this task. We need more lights.

I shop sales throughout the year and have most of the gifts I will bestow on those I hold dear in my heart. The floor is my workstation. It's an ongoing process.


My workstation

The tree.

I can live without music, but today I was treated to Holiday music from some radio station home to Beth and Bill.
Happy Holidays.

No comments: